Week 12– Assignments
1. Redesign the SMC Corsair Connect Mobile website: http://www.smc.edu/mcc.
Think about how you can improve the experience for the mobile user. Keep these points in mind while you’re designing:
1. Focus on what matters most. What will the user want/need to do from their phone. For example, where is the campus map?
2. Rethink and re-organize the content. Keep in mind the most common mobile usage:
Lookup/Find (urgent info, local): I need an answer to something now—frequently related to my current location in the world.
3. Think about how to brand the mobile website. Using color and header content, create a look and feel that reflects the branding of the school.
4. Redesign the home screen and the enrollment section. Think again about color and the possibly of using icons on the home page.
Create a concept and visual design for the mobile site. Your design can focus on one aspect of the mobile website, it doesn’t need to be a complete site.
You may use the iPhone GUI (Graphical User Interface) PSD file, the Android GUI (Graphical User Interface) or the Blackberry Bold GUI (Graphical User Interface) files if you would like to create the sketch in Photoshop. Post your thoughts and decision-making process for this exercise on your WP blog. Upload your files into a Week 12 folder in your student folder on the class server. Bring your files to our next class.
2. Continue working on your Final Project. Please create a WordPress blog for your “studio” where everyone can post entries regarding the design process for the final project.
1) Choose a team leader.
3. Deliverables due in 1 week on May 24: Final Design (based on WordPress theme), Final Content (partial), Home page & a landing page created in WordPress.
Please email me to touch base on your progress and if you have ANY questions. I want to help you between this class and the next. Don’t lose time on this project because we don’t have class next week.