Final Project Presentations
Please take Department survey
Final Comments (we will do this in class) Click here to submit comments
Final Project presentations: You must attend the final day of class and present your final project in order to receive a grade.
All Deliverables must be completed by June 7.
Deliverable: 7-10 page WordPress site
Deliverable: Mobile Web/App Design Comp
Deliverable: All supporting deliverables from Classes 1-9
Deliverable: Screencast presentation of project
Final Presentations – Thursday, June 7, 6:30pm
Keep these things in mind when working on your presentation
- Every team will have approximately 15 minutes plus a 5 minute Q & A
- Every team member must speak during the presentation.
- Be sure to stand up when possible and project your voice. I want to be able to hear you from the back of the room!
- Have an outline of the information your team is presenting. Practice! Tell a story. Good presentations are about good storytelling. (You can use the screencast to practice, but you will do your presentation live)
Be sure you cover the six things I outlined below. While going through the six points, focus on the “story.” Do not merely click through the pages of the site… give us context for your work!
- What where the objectives (problems and issues) for the project? What did the client (Santa Monica College) want for the redesign? What about the students?
- How did your team solve these problems and issues through your design?
- Be sure to show some documentation (but not all, remember you only have 15 minutes!): personas, sitemaps, wireframes etc. Make it part of the story you’re telling.
- Talk about the competitive analysis and what you discovered there.
- How did you select the color palette and the layout for the site?
- The prototype for the SMC mobile Web/App must be a part of your presentation.
WordPress sites located here: http://www.cavanaugh.smcgrdes.com/student_projects/4250/
Team 1 – Bootiki
Jennifer Vero (Team Leader)
Team 2 – Design Flow
Christiana Doherty (Team Leader)
Team 3 – Front Row Designs
Jenna Harju (Team Leader)
Team 4 – HiRes
Lina Cordero (Team Leader)
Team 5 – 67 Four Studio Design
Roya Nouri (Team Leader)